Friday 12 February 2016

3 - Broad strokes of reality.


I recently came across with the following image. What do you see?
 
Right. Most of us would agree that it is a face looking to the left.

 I believe in first impressions because they provide me with much information about a new place or person. Gestures, colours, words, looks, etiquette, smells, noises, atmosphere… ; all those carry a meaning and have an effect on my mind when I am trying to get to know something or someone new. They are like broad strokes that result in a final idea in my mind. That image I have created based on those impressions will be taken to heart as long as I don´t receive any evidence to the contrary . As an example of this I am aware that a book´s cover might be misleading at first glance, but I accept it at face value.




Now, take a closer look.



What if I say it is all about a word written in vertical?




Yeah, we are all liars.

Better said, reality is the liar, sometimes, and it enjoys playing a trick on all of us.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment